Thursday, October 23, 2014

Getting Started

Welcome to the "Pixelated Paintbrush."

I have spent several days getting my thoughts in order for this blog and figuring out how I want to arrange it....and all that stuff.

I began painting in oils many, many years ago, but eventually found it too hard to set up easel and paints with numerous, vibrant children racing around.  I turned to other creative pursuits and eventually bought a Canon camera, which I love.  I learned Photoshop and started painting with Corel Painter using my photos as a starting point.  Soon Photoshop evolved to the place where it is possible to paint with their brushes.  With the help of some online and DVD classes I have learned techniques from Fay Sirkis and Patrick LaMontagne.  I can now paint with my computer and a Wacom tablet with no fuss, no mess, no smells (I love the smell of oil paint, but my husband doesn't).  I can use brushes designed by others or I can design brushes to meet my specific needs, and I always have any color I want at my fingertips.

You can see my gallery of paintings by going to the menu tabs.  I am in the process of loading those pages, but they will be sparse until I get the job done.

Thank you for stopping by.  I look forward to meeting you through your comments.

Mardi

No comments:

Post a Comment